How do I obtain my Windows version and hardware information?
The following instructions is for a Microsoft Windows 7 computer. There may be differences depending on the version of Windows you have.
- The Windows System information panel is displayed.
- To find your server operating system, view the
'Windows edition'section. Here in this example, the computer is running
"Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1".
- The specifications of your hardware can be found in the
- Here in this example, the computer is running a
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU (Q6600 @ 2.40GHz)with
4.00 GB of RAM. The system is a
64-bit operating system.
- To find out the computer name, view the
'Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings'section.
- Here in this example the computer name of this computer is