How do I Add a Contact to a Category? (video)
Option #1 for adding a Contact to a Category:
- Select the category that you want to add a contact to.
- Select the New Contact button. The New Contact window opens.
- Add details of your new contact. Click the Set Companies button to add a company. The Companies window opens. If the company already exists, just check it off the list or add a new company. Click the OK button.
- Click the Set Categories button to link the contact to multiple categories.
- The Categories window opens. The selected category will be already checked off. You can now add your contact to any other category or sub-categories. Click the “+” sign to add the contact to sub-categories, such as for the Client Category.
- Then select which sub-category you would like to add the contact to. You can add the contact to any number of categories or sub-categories. Click the OK button.
- Click the New Email button. Enter the email address.
- Select the Custom Fields tab. Fill out any custom fields created.
- Click the OK button.
- To check to see your new contact, select the Relations menu item, Click the Show Contact button.
- Select your new contact. You can see all your contact details and the categories they are added to in the summary tab.
Option #2 for adding a contact to a category:
- Click Contacts from the left tabbed menu.
- Select the contact you would like to add to a category.
- Select the Relations menu item. Click the Show Category button.
- Select a category to add your contact to.
- Click the Yes button
- Double Click on a Category to move it to the left panel, and show the contacts exclusive to that category on the right; and you can see all Contacts linked to that Category.
- Click on a contact to view their specific information.