BLF Setup on Polycom SoundPoint 550
Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
BLF – Busy Lamp Field
BLF allows for a phone to detect when another extension is busy (on the phone / off hook). This is particularly useful when users on the same system are spread across multiple locations, or in a receptionist mode where a live person is screen calls for another user/extension.
Configuring BLF on Polycom SoundStation 550
On most Polycom desk phones BLF is configured as a line key configuration, meaning the function will use one of the phone lines on the device. For instance on the SoundStation 550 which is a 4 line phone, we can configure 3 extension and 1 BLF, 2 extensions and 2 BLFs, etc.
Below are the steps to configure BLF:
- login to the phone as admin
- Obtain the phone’s IP address by clicking on the menu button (right of keypad), then selecting network from the screen using the arrow keys and then TCP/IP parameters.
- Using a browser, navigate to the phone’s config using https://IP_ADDRESS_OF_PHONE (notice the https). Browser will display a security warning, which can be ignored and proceed to the url.
- Login as Admin with password 456
- From the menu on the top navigate to Utilities -> Line Key Configuration
- Click the Add Line Key Function button
- Select Static BLF from the toggle menu, which will bring up this form
- Fill in the Label field with the text to display on the phone interface for the BLF. Normally the extension to monitor or the users name.
- Fill in the Address field with the extension to be monitored as per the extension number defined in InfoFlo Talk
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the form
- Phone will reboot automatically.
- After reboot the phone interface will show the next unused extension with a icon, indicating the line is designated as BLF.
- BLF line will turn red when the extension setup in the address field is busy.